UST JHS tops APPSAM 6th National Student Leadership Assembly and Talent Fair
The University of Santo Tomas Junior High School tops the 6th National Student Leadership Assembly and Talent Fair organized by the Association of Philippine Private Administrators and Mentors (APPSAM) last July 21 until July 23 at Teacher’s Camp, Baguio City. For the fifth time, the UST sends 20 aspiring professionals to compete in the academic and performance categories. Upholding to this year’s theme “Creating Connections… Building Bridges Together,” the students were given an opportunity to showcase their God-given talents and gifts, to learn from a meaningful experience and to establish connections and linkages togeter with the 25 private secondary schools and to become better nation builders.
On the first day, the APPSAM executive officers and board members gave a warm welcome to all the schools that participated in the annual event, including La Salle Antipolo, Sienna College Taytay and University of Perpetual Help System. A part of the program was where all the participating schools have to present and enjoin in the making of their respective cheer to boost the spirit of their team and others as well. The UST JHS team showcased different cheers which caught the attention of the audience. Elimination rounds for the academic, speaking and writing competitions started already in the afternoon of the first day already. Suprisingly, everyone qualified in the final round.
On the second day, the final rounds for the academic and speaking contests were held during the morning and the final for the Mr. and Ms. APPSAM Personality during the night.
On the third day was the announcement of the winners for the writing contest. In each contest, the USTJHS showed their full support for the team. The year was made more memorable by the teachers who constantly supported and guided the students before, during and after the annual event- Ms. Maria Zarah Vivas, Ms. Patricia Sibug and Mr. Karlo Jay Perez. After the three-day assembly, the USTJHS participants just did not enhanced their talents and skills, learned from the seminars and gained new friends from different participating private schools, they also gave glory to the school and the university.
Here is the list of the winners and participants:
- Christa Padrigo: Pagsulat ng Tula – Champion
- Margauth Nera: Pagbigkas ng Tula – Champion
- Victoria Anne Camello: Essay Writing – Champion
- Alyssa Tiangsing: Interpretative Reading – Champion
- Iris Cardenas: Declamation – Champion
- Calvin Manahan: Extemperaneous Speaking – Champion
- Ronalyn Lalimo: Science Quiz Bee – 1st Runner Up
- Alexis Al Sharhan: Biglaang Talumpatian 1st Runner Up
- Dale Lainez: Mr. APPSAM Personality – 2nd Runner Up (Best in Casual Wear, Best in Sports Wear)
- Mary Jesserae Anselmo: Mrs. APPSAM Personality – 2nd Runner Up (Best in Uniform, Best in Filipiniana)
- Caress Solis: Madamdaming Pagbasa – 2nd Runner Up
- Emilyn Dunton: Pagsulat ng Sanaysay – 4th Placer
- Melanie Jimenez: Pagsulat ng Sanaysay – 9th Placer
- Kenneth Punzalan: Poster Making – 7th Placer
- Aaliyah Duran: General Information Quiz Bee – Finalist
- Cole Balajadia: Mathematics Quiz Bee – Finalist
- Patricia Bojador: Pagsulat ng Sanaysay – Participant
- Paolo Nicolas: Poetry Writing – Participant
- Paul Rey: Pagsulat ng Tula – Participant